We recently cleaned up our MaxExtract, it was in dire need of a cleanup.
Ahhh – what a morning.
I woke up very early today due to my wife repeatedly kicking me in her sleep. I don’t think she meant it, but who knows
So, I got out of bed, all tired, and decided to just get to work.
I went into the home office and proceeded to dig into some work for the day, and then I heard one of the cats scratching at the carpet in the corner – he had peed on the carpeting.
At least I noticed it right away this time.
I quickly dabbed up a bunch of the pee with paper towels, and then sprayed some oxy clean on the spot for a quick pre-treatment. While the oxy clean was doing it’s thing, I pulled my MaxExtract 60 (a Hoover) out of the closet and filled up the water tank.
My wife didn’t even wake up, even though I was running the steam cleaner in the room right next to the bedroom at 5am.
Within about 15 minutes, the whole mess was clean.
Back before I had this steam cleaner, stuff like that would have completely ruined my day due to the difficulty in cleaning cat messes without some sort of carpet deep cleaner.
But now, I don’t sweat it too much, since I know I will be able to clean up the mess fairly quickly, and do a good job of cleaning as well.
It still was a frustrating situation, but in a lot of ways I’m appreciative of how fast I’m able to clean up after the cats now. It saves me a lot of stress on days like today.
The McCullock MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner provides up to 1500 watts of steaming power. It makes no use of chemicals and it has a convenient steam-control switch.
With a generous 50-ounce water-tank capacity, you can enjoy removing grease, stains, and grime for one full hour.
Aside from cleaning your upholstery and carpeting at home, this steam cleaner is also great at cleaning engines, wheels, and chrome accessories in cars, motorcycles, trucks, and even boats.
Plus, this unit is easy to move around, thanks to its caster wheels and 12-foot power cord. The unit itself also has a storage compartment for its 10 included accessories.
McCullock MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner Features
- Steam Ready light indicates when the unit is ready to use
- Steam-Control switch controls the amount of steam emitted
- Storage compartment for all 10 attachments
- Attachments include a utility brush, steam jet nozzle, squeegee, 2 extension wands, terry cover for the floor brush, triangle brush, upholstery/floor brush, funnel, and measuring cup.
- 12-foot power cord
- Caster wheels
- 50-ounce water tank
This product has garnered 513 customer reviews on Amazon.com. Majority of the reviews are positive, with customers praising the McCulloch MC-1275 for its easy maintenance and sturdy construction.
There were 119 customers who gave this product a rating below 4 stars. Here are some of the issues they raised:
- Cleaning power did not meet expectations – Some consumers were quite disappointed with the product. Although they admit that this unit does a decent job of cleaning, they expected more impressive results. A number of reviewers felt that the pressure and temperature it produced were not enough to get rid of tougher stains and dirt.
- Brushes don’t last long – Some customers also complained that the brushes included with this steam cleaner wear out easily.
- Cleaning with this machine takes quite a while – Reviewers also commented that the unit tends to sputter every few minutes and you have to wait before it heats up again.
Among positive reviews, here are what satisfied users had to say:
- Cleans well – Contrary to what other reviewers stated, there were plenty of Amazon customers who claim that this steam cleaner does a good job of removing dirt and stains around the house. It admittedly has more difficulty getting rid of tougher stains, but if you know what to expect from this cleaner, you will enjoy using it in your daily chores.
- Great customer service – Users also commented that the customer service was efficient and replacements were delivered on time.
- Sturdy construction – Customers were pleased with the machine’s solid build. All the parts look durable and are made of high quality materials.
- Compact size – Its compact size makes this unit a cinch to store and carry. It doesn’t take up too much space and it’s not cumbersome to move around.
Reviews for this product are quite mixed.
There are those who think this product underperforms while others are quite satisfied with its performance. In the end, it all depends on the customer’s gut feeling if they are willing to take a gamble on this product or not.
I recently bought a new carpet steam cleaner, a Hoover. I like it quite a bit, it has the SpinScrub brushes and it pretty easy to use, fill and clean.
It’s ready for action quickly
The one thing that I was really surprised about, after I bought this machine, was how convenient it really is to be able to take it out of the closet and have it ready for cleaning action in a matter of minutes or less. The water container (with the detergent reservoir) just pops right off and is about the right size to fit under the faucet in the kitchen sink.
I just run a bunch of hot water into, dump in some detergent, attach it to the machine again, and go. It’s really that easy. I can clean up after a cat mess in less than 10 minutes, 5 if I’m really on the ball, but you get the idea.
Cleaning up after cats…
If one of my cats pukes on the carpet, for example, I can clean it up quickly with just a couple paper towels, spray it with oxy clean or something like that, and then get the steam cleaner out and nail that spot too, to clean it up for good. This doesn’t take much time at all, and it’s now a lot less annoying to me when the cats do make some sort of mess like this.
Almost as easy as a vacuum
I had never thought that a machine like this would have been as easy to use as a vacuum cleaner. With my bagless vacuum I still need to empty containers and maintain it, much like the steam cleaner. The only additional time that is required by the steam cleaner is the water filling and the fact that you just need to go a lot slower with a steam cleaner to be effective.
In fact, I have my steam cleaner sitting right next to my vacuum in the storage closet, and I reach for both quite often. It’s nice to know that I’ll be able to clean up after messes without having to put in too much effort, being as lazy as I can tend to be.
I’m the type of person that just likes to be able to take care of problems quickly, and move on quickly, without dwelling on them before taking action. That is why I like the convenience of the steam cleaner, it allows me to take action on the stuff that needs to be cleaned with little effort, and I get to forget about it about as fast as something needed a little cleaning action.
It’s pretty amazing that such powerful cleaning tools are available these days. Between the steam cleaner, the vacuum and the Shark dustbuster machine I’m able to clean up after the cats without much effort, which is pretty nice for keeping a clean apartment.