We recently cleaned up our MaxExtract, it was in dire need of a cleanup.
When I first set up my Hoover SteamVac, I didn’t expect there to be as many parts as there were. It had more stuff to put together than my Hoover MaxExtract did. But that’s okay, it was still pretty easy. Here’s some photos to show you how this steam cleaner gets put together.
More photos can be found on our Flickr set for this gallery.
Here is a video we have posted of us using our Hoover Max Extract 60 carpet cleaner. It’s been a pretty reliable machine for us, we use it quite a bit and have been using it on at least a monthly basis for a couple years now. We used it to clean up a lot of messes that the cats have left on the carpet and it’s been good for that, it just keeps running.
Stay tuned for a full review of this model soon.
Ahhh – what a morning.
I woke up very early today due to my wife repeatedly kicking me in her sleep. I don’t think she meant it, but who knows
So, I got out of bed, all tired, and decided to just get to work.
I went into the home office and proceeded to dig into some work for the day, and then I heard one of the cats scratching at the carpet in the corner – he had peed on the carpeting.
At least I noticed it right away this time.
I quickly dabbed up a bunch of the pee with paper towels, and then sprayed some oxy clean on the spot for a quick pre-treatment. While the oxy clean was doing it’s thing, I pulled my MaxExtract 60 (a Hoover) out of the closet and filled up the water tank.
My wife didn’t even wake up, even though I was running the steam cleaner in the room right next to the bedroom at 5am.
Within about 15 minutes, the whole mess was clean.
Back before I had this steam cleaner, stuff like that would have completely ruined my day due to the difficulty in cleaning cat messes without some sort of carpet deep cleaner.
But now, I don’t sweat it too much, since I know I will be able to clean up the mess fairly quickly, and do a good job of cleaning as well.
It still was a frustrating situation, but in a lot of ways I’m appreciative of how fast I’m able to clean up after the cats now. It saves me a lot of stress on days like today.
The Hoover Deep Cleansing Detergent AH30110 has a special formula that penetrates deep into carpet fibers to really give it a thorough clean and remove even the toughest stains and grime.
It can be used with all carpet-cleaning machines and it leaves a fresh, clean scent in the room. All carpet cleaning machines that we review are able to use this stuff.
It’s a good, standard, deep cleansing detergent.
With a cleansing formula that is tough enough for heavy-traffic areas, this carpet detergent is versatile and can also be used on upholstery and car interiors.
Read on to learn more about this one.
Hoover Deep Cleansing Detergent AH30110 Features
- Powerful formula penetrates deep into the carpet fiber to provide thorough cleansing
- Fresh clean scent
- Works with all carpet-cleaning machines
- Tough enough to work on heavy-traffic areas
- Not just for carpets, but also for upholstery and car interiors
So far, the Hoover Deep Cleansing Detergent AH30110 has only gathered 25 customer reviews on Amazon.com. Most reviewers gave high ratings, praising the product for its fairly effective cleaning power.
Only 2 reviewers gave this product a rating below 4 stars and here are the issues they raised:
- Not very good at removing deep stains – One reviewer thought the product was just okay, but it didn’t really impress when it came to removing stubborn stains. This consumer thought that the detergent is a bit overpriced and it doesn’t seem to be any better than other cheaper cleansing detergents in the market.
- Doesn’t seem effective with pet urine – Another Amazon user also reported that they did not succeed in using this detergent to remove dog urine from the carpet. It still left a stain and a faint urine smell after use.
There were significantly a lot more positive reviews for the product. Here are what happy customers had to say:
- Cleans well – Although some reviewers admit that this product seems to have some difficulty removing heavier stains, they are generally pleased with how it cleans. Getting rid of dirt and grime is quick and easy.
- Pleasant scent – Users were also pleased that this detergent doesn’t have that overpowering smell most cleaning liquids usually have.
Generally, the Hoover Deep Cleansing Detergent is a fairly good product. Some customers have noted that it does not seem that effective at removing tougher stains, but it does a great job of removing dirt that isn’t too deep-seated.
If all you need to do is freshen up your carpet or make it look a few shades lighter, this detergent can do the trick.
The Hoover MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner (Model F7452900) has a powerful 12 amp motor and a special Dual-V Technology that guarantees equal suction across the full width of the nozzle.
This cleaner works with 120 volts and comes with hard-floor accessories such as the Hoover-exclusive SpinScrub brushes, a squeegee, and soft wheels.
This is a very versatile machine that can clean carpets with ease, and it has a lot of happy owners to help back this statement up.
This unit also offers heated cleaning to remove tougher dirt, automatic detergent mixing, and auto rinse. The auto-rinse is a nice feature not seen on many other models.
Moving the cleaner around is easy with its generous 8-foot attachment hose, super long 30-foot power cord, and carry handle. To top it all off, the removable nozzle is washable. This product also comes with a 1-year warranty.
Read on to learn more about what this machine can do and what buyers have to say about this one.
Hoover MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner F7452900 Features
- Dual-V Technology for equal suction across the nozzle
- Patented SpinScrub brushes for more effective carpet cleaning
- Automatic detergent mixing system that precisely mixes detergent and water
- Heated cleaning
- Auto Rinse leaves less detergent residue behind
- Also comes with hard-floor squeegee and large, soft wheels
- Includes SpinScrub hand tool for spot cleaning
To date, this product has gathered 352 customer reviews on Amazon.com. A large chunk of the reviews are positive, with most customers expressing a high level of satisfaction over its suction and cleaning power.
There were 82 Amazon users who gave this product a rating below 4 stars. Here are some of the issues they raised:
- Parts not very durable – A number of customers complained that this machine is not very sturdy. Plastic parts, especially attachments, tend to break within a few months of use.
- Quite loud – Some reviewers have also mentioned that this cleaner is louder than most other brands they have used.
- Strong chemical odor – If you are sensitive to strong scents, make sure to open windows while using this product. Users have complained that the smell of the cleaning solution is quite strong and might give you headaches if you are not in a well-ventilated area.
On the other hand, there were plenty of positive reviews for this product. Here are some strong points mentioned by satisfied customers:
- Easy assembly – Out of the box, this cleaner is pretty easy to set up. Just screw a few parts together and you’re ready to give it a run in minutes.
- Great cleaner – Happy customers report that this floor cleaner does a great job. It has a powerful motor, excellent suction, and it’s loaded with convenient features.
- Easy to use – the convenient design, generously-sized power cord, and the simple controls make your cleaning job so much easier.
Generally, there doesn’t seem to be any major problems with this product. Aside from the loudness (which could be tolerated with the use of ear plugs if you really are sensitive to noise) and the seemingly flimsy plastic parts (which will probably not break if you handle the machine with care), the Hoover MaxExtract All-Terrain Carpet Cleaner F7452900 seems to be a really great buy.
Almost every reviewer agrees that the cleaning power of this unit is excellent. It’s also relatively easy to clean and maintain. Overall, this carpet cleaner looks like it’s a very good product.
The Hoover MaxExtract77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaner (Model FH50240) promises to give you drier floors in record time with its special MaxExtract DualV Nozzle Technology which enables the cleaner to pull up more dirty water.
This unit also gives off pressurized water that loosens and lifts tough stains.
The MaxExtract does work pretty good, I have experienced a MaxExtract model pulling lots of sopping wet stuff out of carpets on more than one occasion. I also used one to pull water from an aquarium one time, in a pinch.
Another plus is the unique SpinScrub Technology with 77 counter rotating brushes that promise to remove dirt at every angle.
There are also different SpinScrub Setting Options you can choose from: Gentle Scrub Mode, Spill Pickup Mode, and Power Scrub Mode.
These features all make this a pretty nice machine, let’s take a look at the details a little further.
Hoover MaxExtract77 Multi-Surface Pro Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaner FH50240 Features
- Smart Tanks System provides separate tanks for clean and dirty water
- Pressurized edge-to-edge cleaning
- Heated drying for quicker dry time
- Double chamber nozzle to power-wash surfaces with even suction
- Automatic detergent system mixes the right ratio of detergent and water for optimal results
- Patented Hoover SpinScrub brushes
- Adjustable speed controls
So far, there are only 42 customer reviews for this product on Amazon.com. Reviews are quite mixed—almost split in half, with 25 positive reviews and 17 feedbacks that gave ratings below 4 stars.
Customers who gave low ratings had one common gripe about the product:
- Disappointing suction – It’s unfortunate that the manufacturer advertises this product as having superior suction – quite a lot of customers seem to disagree. Reviewers were dismayed to report that although this cleaner does a good job of removing dirt, it performs poorly when pulling out dirty water from the floor. I have had good experiences with the MaxExtract line, but my expectations may not have been very high as well either.
Inspite of this drawback however, there were still plenty of Amazon users who gave this FHS0240 high ratings. Here are some of the things they liked about the product:
- Efficiently removes dirt and stains – Customers agree that the Hoover MaxExtract77 FH50240 delivers when it comes to cleaning. Carpets look better after each clean and even tough stains are removed.
- Convenient Tank System – Reviewers also love the two separate tanks for the clean and dirty water. The tanks have generous space so refilling doesn’t need to be as frequent. Emptying and filling the tanks are also easy and not messy.
- Solid build – Amazon users were also happy with the sturdy construction of this product. The parts seem to be made of durable and high quality materials.
In general, there is no doubt that the Hoover MaxExtract77 performs well when it comes to cleaning. Although a bit heavy to push around, this unit is effective at giving carpets and floors a deep and thorough clean. Even unpleasant odors are removed. The only major downside that customers presented was the not-so-powerful suction.
The manufacturer enthusiastically advertises this as a product that dries your floors quickly and effectively, but perhaps you might need to lower your expectations a little bit. Like any other floor cleaner, you may still have to make several passes before all the dirty water is sucked out of your carpet or floor. As long as you have realistic expectations about this product, you should be able to use it without any problems.
I recently bought a new carpet steam cleaner, a Hoover. I like it quite a bit, it has the SpinScrub brushes and it pretty easy to use, fill and clean.
It’s ready for action quickly
The one thing that I was really surprised about, after I bought this machine, was how convenient it really is to be able to take it out of the closet and have it ready for cleaning action in a matter of minutes or less. The water container (with the detergent reservoir) just pops right off and is about the right size to fit under the faucet in the kitchen sink.
I just run a bunch of hot water into, dump in some detergent, attach it to the machine again, and go. It’s really that easy. I can clean up after a cat mess in less than 10 minutes, 5 if I’m really on the ball, but you get the idea.
Cleaning up after cats…
If one of my cats pukes on the carpet, for example, I can clean it up quickly with just a couple paper towels, spray it with oxy clean or something like that, and then get the steam cleaner out and nail that spot too, to clean it up for good. This doesn’t take much time at all, and it’s now a lot less annoying to me when the cats do make some sort of mess like this.
Almost as easy as a vacuum
I had never thought that a machine like this would have been as easy to use as a vacuum cleaner. With my bagless vacuum I still need to empty containers and maintain it, much like the steam cleaner. The only additional time that is required by the steam cleaner is the water filling and the fact that you just need to go a lot slower with a steam cleaner to be effective.
In fact, I have my steam cleaner sitting right next to my vacuum in the storage closet, and I reach for both quite often. It’s nice to know that I’ll be able to clean up after messes without having to put in too much effort, being as lazy as I can tend to be.
I’m the type of person that just likes to be able to take care of problems quickly, and move on quickly, without dwelling on them before taking action. That is why I like the convenience of the steam cleaner, it allows me to take action on the stuff that needs to be cleaned with little effort, and I get to forget about it about as fast as something needed a little cleaning action.
It’s pretty amazing that such powerful cleaning tools are available these days. Between the steam cleaner, the vacuum and the Shark dustbuster machine I’m able to clean up after the cats without much effort, which is pretty nice for keeping a clean apartment.